Monday, April 19, 2010

Movie update

Desk Set. 4/5 -- very good, but the pacing seemed so slow by 2010 standards, that I couldn't go all the way up to 5. Also, A fell asleep, which DQ's the highest rating.

Cube 2: Hypercube. 2/5 -- Hard to believe I was actually disappointed by this, given how low my expectations were, but I was. How much extra would a smart screenwriter have cost, given the budget that was bigger than the original (which was better).

Terminator: Salvation 3/5 -- nothing super-dope special-effects-wise, which is what the franchise usually offers. Good plot, but it felt more like a regular adventure movie. Too much emphasis on the -- "Oh, no! A paradox if someone from the future kills my teenaged dad before he can go back and meet my mom!" This was all picked through in the first movie. Don't tackle this unless you have something to offer.

Ninja Assassin 2/5 -- all the good scenes were in the preview. Very disappointing, given that the Wachowskis were involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment